Those who are proud pet owners know that their pets are not pets; they are a part of the family just like our own children. Pets are our companions and best friends. It is very heart clenching when we desire to wish to go on a holiday and that location is not pet-friendly.
If we are lucky enough and a relative of ours agrees to take care of our pet, we can still feel relieved. If not, we have to make arrangements to leave our pets in animal shelters and ensure their safety. While we are enjoying our holiday, we would have to leave one part of our heart back home.
There is one more choice that we can make. We can modify our travel plans and instead look for a pet-friendly destination. There is good news for the beach lovers, Destin Florida is perfectly pet-friendly and an amazing holiday destination to visit with our loved ones that include our delightful and precious pets too. It is like a dream come true for all pet owners.
Key points to remember while taking our pet for a vacation
When you are bringing your pet for the summer holiday, you need to keep certain things in mind:
- Make sure that the vaccine shots for your pet are up-to-date.
- You will need to carry the latest updated rabies vaccination certificate with you if the airlines or many resorts might ask for it.
- Keep your furry friend hydrated throughout the trip. Carry an extra water bottle and a water bowl with you on the go.
- Carry their favorite objects, which could be a blanket or a soft toy that they could seek in for comfort.
- Never leave your pet unattended, even if you are traveling by your car.
- Make sure to follow their routine and feed them, even when on tour.
- Check with the hotel or resort you are staying for their pet-friendly policies.
- Ensure that your pet is potty trained and use only designated pet walks for peeing and defecating.
- Carry plastic bags with you for cleaning up after they have used any lane.
- It is advisable to carry your pets while using the elevator.
- Carry a lint brush to clean up pet hair inside the hotel room before you leave.
- You might be charged extra for the cleaning in case the rugs or walls are soiled with pee.
Although Destin is a pet-friendly destination, pets are not allowed on the beaches. Now, you must be wondering where you will enjoy yourself with your pet friend if you can’t leave them alone while you are having a gala time at the beach.
Need not worry; there are many pet-friendly places and restraints that you can easily visit in Destin. You must visit, the website DestinFlorida.com to take a look at all the activities that you can enjoy during your vacation along with your pet. It is the best resource blog that perfectly outlines everything you need to know about your next trip to the location with your pet.
It has listed all the places you can visit and things you can do when your precious furry friend is accompanying you for the holiday. You can also find many pet-friendly services from this blog source which you can utilize if you need any help with handling your pet for the time you are in Destin.
You can also check places for rentals that are pet-friendly on this blog that would ease your search for a budget-friendly place to stay while you are in Destin.
Places to visit in Destin with your pet
Pet friendly Destin Florida welcomes all the pets with open arms and wants them to feel welcomed. This holiday destination has many places that you can visit with your pet. Besides, there are activities that they can enjoy as well. Some of them are:
- Destin Dog Park: The Nancy Weidenhamer Park is a lush green open space where your dogs can have their own fun time. However, there are certain rules that you have to follow at all times while in the park. Read the checklist thoroughly, or else you will be asked to leave, and your lovely pet will miss some real fun.
- Walton County Beach: This is the only beach that allows your god during the set hours. However, you will need to apply for a yearly tag to get entry permission.
- Take your dog for a walk at crystal beach community: This is a walkway on Highway 98 with a very scenic shoreline shining with emerald-green water, white sand, and a gorgeous beach.
- Hire a Pontoon boat rental: You can request a pet-friendly boat and have a fun-packed day while cruising the bay and visiting the crab islands. You can also have fun fishing with your family and pet by your side.
Pet-friendly places to dine in Destin Florida
Finding a restaurant that allows pets in Destin is not a difficult task. Many restaurant owners would happily allow you to have drinks in the company of your pets while enjoying live music and delicious food. Some of such places to dine in are:
- Hog’s Breath Saloon
- Boathouse Oyster Bar
- Dewey Destin’s Harborside
- Captain D’s
- Joe’s Crab Shack
- The Craft Bar at the Fort Walton Beach
- Landsharks Pizza
- Boshamps seafood and oyster house
You must keep your pet hydrated, fed, and comfortable at all times during your vacation. Pets can react aggressively at new places even at the slightest of discomfort that can cause troublesome travel for you.
It is also a good idea to visit the vet clinic before and after your vacation to ensure that your pet is healthy and safe during the travel and after you are back home. Female dogs might not be allowed to enter various dog-friendly places in Destin if they are in their heat period, and you must plan your vacation time accordingly.
Don’t leave your precious little creatures back at home while you half-heartedly enjoy your vacations. Instead, choose a pet-friendly holiday destination like Destin to have fun and make memories.