Travelling in Singapore, or for that matter, any other place, brings in a lot of challenges along with itself. This is when you must opt for a travel insurance annual plan promotion so that you do not have to bother about any sort of unexpected situations popping up! Here are a few reasons why you should get one, in case you haven’t got it yet!
- This travel insurance will not just cover the minor out-patient expense, but it will simultaneously benefit to see all kinds of pre-existing ailments in case of a life-threatening situation.
- If you have had coverage of the personal liability which most of the reputed travel insurance providers’ offer, you can get hold of the third-party coverage too!
- Travel insurance offers travel exigencies and financial support to travellers owing to trip extensions or delays due to bad weather or natural calamities, loss of passport or international driving license, or any other belongings.
- A good travel insurance agency will guide you regarding the re-issuance of misplaced travel documents. As a traveller, this is one of the best facilities you can avail of as our customer care agents will take ahead the case with the local authorities making you hassle-free.
- Many travel companies will even reimburse your visa fee if yours is rejected.
The claim process for your travel insurance: Overview
You ought to make the claim within a stipulated span of 30 days from the date of the incident. You need to submit all the relevant documents together during the claim, and then it might take up to 10 days to process the same. A traveller can even choose to claim the expenses for initial treatment in his/her country post 3 days after returning from Singapore. Follow-up treatment bills can also be reimbursed up to 30 days from the date of return.
Tips for finding the best travel insurance in Singapore:
Here are a few tips to find the find the best travel insurance in Singapore.
· Single or annual trip policy
Based on whether or not you are a frequent traveller, you can opt for insurance coverage that would cover an unlimited number of trips in a year. That will be cost-effective too! Also, check out the maximum number of days that would be covered during the trip. If you are not planning to travel that often, you may go for a single trip policy!
· Personal/family policy
Do a bit of research to check the maximum age limit that covers your family. This will further ensure that your family members are getting the required protection.
· Sports and adventure coverage
Depending on whether you are an easy-going person or a thrill-seeker, choose the insurance policy covering the sports activities that it would cover! White-water rafting, bungee jumping, and other risk activities are also covered under certain plans.
· Expensive equipment coverage
If you are travelling with an expensive laptop, smartphone or other gear, make sure that you have them covered in order to avoid the risk of losing them from any theft.
· Political acts of terrorism
Did you check if the holiday spot that you are supposed to travel to is safe and stable from any kind of political turbulence or act of terrorism? Compare different travel insurance promotions to ensure you aren’t falling into any trap in an unknown land.
· Vehicle hire
If you have got a plan to rent a bike or a car in Singapore and have all the independence to travel along with the country, make sure that your insurance plan is covering that too!
· Travel postponement
Your travel may get postponed or rescheduled anytime due to a sudden outbreak or natural calamity. In such a case, consider getting travel insurance and seek coverage 3-5 days prior to your date of travel.
· Medical amenities
The covid travel insurance Singapore offers the best medical facilities that would cover all the expenses in foreign-run hospitals. This will help you get adequate protection beforehand so as to prevent ending up on an astronomical sum later on after the trip gets over!
Frequently asked questions:
· How many days in advance do I need to buy travel insurance?
You must purchase travel insurance for at least 15 days prior to your date of travel.
· Is it possible to purchase travel insurance for someone else?
Yes, absolutely! You can buy travel insurance for anyone, provided that you are aware of their requirements and current health status.
· Can I get travel insurance despite having pre-existing heart disease?
Yes, you may purchase travel insurance even if you have had a pre-existing heart disorder.
· Is there any specification to check before you get travel insurance?
Although there is no hard and fast rule about getting travel insurance, it is usually recommended to check whether or not it is covering all your travel needs.